August 24th, 2021
Dear Forestville Central School District Students and Families,
I hope you are having a terrific summer with family and friends. We are just a few days away from the start of the 2021-2022 school year. We have been busy working to ensure a successful opening of schools. The safety and health of our students and staff remains our number one priority.
The first day of school for students is Tuesday, September 7th. We are planning on a full reopening in-person instruction five days a week for ALL students in grades preK-12.
Forestville will be following the Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, the American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines, the Chautauqua County Department of Health (CCDOH) guidelines and advice from our School Medical Director as the basis for preparation and planning.
Until the foreseeable future, our plan will include the following criteria:
- Require masks for ALL students and staff, vaccinated and unvaccinated, while on school property including buses.
- We will continue to provide bussing for all students yet encourage parents to transport, if possible, to keep our numbers manageable on buses. Bussing will be the same as we ended last year (one student or one household per seat, assigned seats).
- Social distancing in classrooms, cafeterias and other shared spaces in our buildings.
- We will also be avoiding large group gatherings (i.e. assemblies).
- Utilize important mitigation measures, including voluntary testing (with parent permission ONLY), contact tracing in combination with quarantining and isolation as required by the county, asking people to stay home when sick, and cleaning and disinfecting of our facilities.
- Families should assess their children each morning for COVID-19 symptoms before sending them to school each day, including temperature checks, when appropriate.
- We will be reinstating ALL extra-curricular activities and after school bus runs with safety measures in place for each activity.
- We will continue with the free federal breakfast/lunch program for all students until the end of this school year.
- We will remain a closed campus during school hours (no visitors in the school). We will meet via zoom, or work through email or phone calls.
We will continue to update you with any pertinent information tied to the start of the school year. We will also be providing more details regarding bussing, sports, in school activities as they are available.
Please know that our plans may change based on infection rates and/or information from the CDC, NYSDOH or the CCHOD. Thank you for your continue support of our students and staff, and for doing your part to help keep all members of the Forestville community safe and healthy.
Superintendent of Schools