The New York State curriculum for Global History is changing. This year is a transition year. Global 9 will be working through our new skills heavy and text based curriculum this year. Both Global 9 and Global 10 will follow the new curriculum beginning in the 2018-2019 school year.
A few of the changes:
- Students will study fewer historical civilizations, time periods, and cultures.
- Of the topics students do study, they will study them more in depth than previously.
- Global 9 students will take the New Common Core Social Studies Regents Exam at the end of 10th grade.
- The new Regents exam will only have content from 10th grade but will also cover some of the themes from 9th grade.
- There is a huge emphasis on reading and text analysis in the new curriculum and the new exam, make sure your student practices reading academic works at least 20 minutes per day.
- There is a huge emphasis on vocabulary in the new curriculum and the new exam. Reading is the best way for your student to improve their working vocabulary.
Unit 1: Methods of Global History
Unit 2: Ancient Civilizations
Unit 3: World Belief Systems
Unit 4: Classical Civilizations
Unit 5: Empires I
Unit 6: Middle Ages
Unit 7: Renaissance and Reformation
Unit 8: Empires II
Unit 9: Age of Exploration
Unit 10: Absolutism
Absent? Left it at school? Dog ate your homework? Click the link below to find daily summaries, instructions, notes sheets, and assignments.
Review Sheets are added as we prepare for our unit exams.