Halloween Costume Guidelines
We're sure that students are starting to think about their Halloween costumes. However, before purchasing, please consider the following guidelines:
Middle & Secondary Students:
- Masks or makeup should not cover the student’s face in a manner that makes the student unrecognizable.
- No toy guns/ weapons (swords, play knives, etc.) are allowed.
- Costumes that are overly graphic, promote violence or otherwise might logically be assumed to be offensive to others are not acceptable.
- Costumes that are sexually suggestive and would otherwise violate the school’s dress code are not appropriate.
- Costumes should not include items with sound effects, lights or other components which would disrupt the classroom learning environment.
Regarding costumes that may not be clearly addressed by these guidelines, students should be instructed to have the costume pre-approved by an administrator before wearing to school.