Forestville Central School District Snow Plowing Request for Proposal
Forestville Central School District is requesting proposals from interested and qualified parties for snow plowing services for the 2017-2018 school year.
Contract negotiated as a result of this request will commence on July 1, 2017 and end June 30, 2018.
Nature of Services Required
- Snow plowing from driveways and parking lots at the Elementary School, Middle/High School, and bus garage will be complete, based on two inches or more of accumulation.
- Snow plowing will be complete prior to 6:00 a.m. Monday through Friday.
- Snow plowing throughout the day will occur based on two inches or more of accumulation.
- Snow plowing for weekend and evening events will also be based on two inches or more of accumulation.
- Spreading salt/sand to prevent ice covered driveways and parking surfaces. The District will be responsible for purchasing salt/sand. The District will provide a vehicle and salt/sand spreader. The District will also provide storage for salt/sand.
- Removing snow to ensure access to all parking spaces, using a backhoe.
- Removing snow during heavy accumulation, using a front loader and dump truck to an offsite location.
- Repairing of damage caused by snow plowing and removal.
- Successful bidder will provide information of adequate equipment to fulfil the requirements of the contract.
- Successful bidder must provide a certificate of liability insurance with a minimum of $2,000,000.00 general aggregate limit.
- This proposal must contain one total maximum price which includes all direct and indirect costs including out-of-pocket expenses.
- To be considered, proposals must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 20, 2017.
- One copy needs to be submitted including an original signature to:
School Business Administrator
12 Water Street
Forestville, NY 14062
- Additional information regarding snow removal, snow plowing, and any other questions related to the nature of services are to be addressed to Mr. John Robertson, Director of Facilities.
- E-mail: jrobertson@ forestville.com
- Telephone: (716) 965-6531
- Additional information regarding the bid process are to be addressed to Mr. Karl Kofod, School Business Administrator.
During the evaluation process, the District reserves the right, where it may serve the District’s best interest to request additional information or clarification from prospective bidders, or to allow corrections of errors or omissions. The District reserves the right to reject any and all proposals submitted.